Let's talk branding
Douglas Davis - Creative strategy and the business of design
In this episode, I talk with Douglas Davis, writer, speaker and educator on the topic of creative strategy and the business of design. We take a deep dive into the role of designers as strategists.
If you would like to get a chance at winning the book, join the give-away on letstalkbranding.be/douglas
In this episode, we talk about:
- Douglas his story, working at multiple advertising agencies
- The end of the DOT.com bubble
- Douglas plays the role as my therapist, where we talk about my dilemma being a designer that becomes more and more of a strategist
- Features, benefits, insights
- The article Douglas mentions: https://www.adweek.com/agencies/design-experts-weigh-in-on-ddbs-and-joans-new-visual-identities/
- What makes a good brief
- Overcoming the fear and doing the work
As always, if you would like to stay up to date, subscribe to the podcast and give me a rating.