Let's talk branding
Jonathan Staines - Gaining Insights
In this episode I talk with Jonathan Staines, a brand specialist. Jonathan has a lot of experience with big brands and agencies (such as Orange). We talk about gaining insights, innovation, customer experience and a lot more. Enjoy!
We talk about:
- The study of language and how it relates to brand strategy.
- The ways to communicate besides words.
- The evolution of messaging and tone of voice.
- Developing and defining your own personality.
- What a typical brand strategy project looks like.
- What is a good insight?
- The overlap between strategy and creativity.
- Getting clients involved.
- Form a good relationship with your clients, and earn their trust.
- How much should a logo cost?
- What is the most powerful aspect of branding?
- If you are a good designer, then you are a good creative thinker.
- Read as much as you can about strategy and brands.
- “Words contain ideas.”
- “Use language very carefully and powerfully.”
- “What do we know, and what do we not know?’
- “What do they think is good value?”
- “Good strategies are able to see patterns and find the important information.”
- “The power of irrational thinking.”
- “It takes time to build relationships and trust.”