Let's talk branding
Koen Verbrugge: Measuring Brand Impact
In this episode I talk with digital strategist and marketeer Koen Verbrugge about the importance of measuring brand impact. We go deep into metrics and what they mean. We also discuss a lot of ‘vanity metrics’ and performance-driven tactics that amount to no good. Enjoy!
We talk about:
- Doing the same thing as other designers, but from very different perspectives.
- Being a bridge between what the company is and something like a creative team.
- Balance the creative and the business sides.
- What is branding for Koen, and what is marketing?
- How can you work better with marketing departments?
- What are good options from a client’s perspective?
- Important changes in the industry.
- How can you measure brands in a good way?
- Is your brand identity usable?
- Who are you, what can you do, and what do you want to do?
- What is going to change in the future?
- The value of a good idea: does it build a relationship with the right people?
- Data never tells something. You ask data, and it gives you responses.
- “Marketing is about compromises.”
- “It’s not about technology or production values, it’s about relationships.”
- “Understanding your team is very important.”
- “The value is in the brief.”
- “Do we attract the right people easier?”
- “You can’t know it all.”
- “We’re not building the most beautiful brand, we’re building the brand that fits what we can do.”
- “Does it serve the purpose?
- “Sometimes we are misguided because of what we learned.”