Let's talk branding
Stef Hamerlinck - Brand Workshop
In this episode, I walk you through the ins and outs of a brand workshop. Why and when you do it, how to do it and what outcomes to expect. I hope you enjoy!
We talk about:
- Doing “story sessions” in order to learn more about the client, his story, and why he started his business.
- That was really brand strategy in the workshop, so it became the brand workshop.
- After implementing the brand workshop, clients trusted us more.
- Doing your brand workshop physically. You need to see them and talk to them and feel the interactions.
- Being physically there is an important part of the workshop.
- If you’ve never done a workshop, do it for a friend or small client to make sure you’re comfortable.
- The people in the workshop need to be the top stake holders and decision makers of the company.
- Limit the workshop to around five people.
- First, make sure everyone is comfortable and heard.
- The whole brand workshop is from the customer’s perspective.
- It’s about short sentences and keywords.
- The brand workshop builds trust with clients.
- There are six questions you can ask:
- What are we doing, and how are we doing it?
- What do we value the most?
- What makes us different?
- Who are we here for?
- What is your personality like?
- Why are we here?
- You can wrap up the workshop with a positioning statement.
- “The coalition of the willing.”
- “You need more voices.”
- “You will get some push-back.”
- “There are no dumb answers.”
- “The brand workshop is getting a sense of direction.”
- “Today is the day we really get excited about a new direction.”
- “Get a conversation going.”
- “There are lots of ways to frame values.”