Let's talk branding
Stef Hamerlinck - Customer Research In Branding
In this episode, I take a deep dive into customer research. What it is, how to do it and how to build better brands from it. I also answer a community question related to positioning and customer research.
We talk about:
- Ideal client persona and market positioning as a designer.
- Should you do something you don’t believe in just for more business?
- Find where you strengths connect to what your clients want.
- Customer research.
- What kind of questions are you asking your clients?
- You need to dig deeper with your questions.
- See the deeper truth behind their answers.
- Do you need to adapt your services completely to what a customer wants?
- Asking questions might not get the answers you’re looking for.
- Don’t base your services on customer research. Know what your vision is, and then use your customer research to find out how your vision could help them.
- “Find your niche and work on that through branding.”
- “It’s not always easy when you listen to your customers.”
- “Talking to your customers is the first step in building a brand that can really connect.”
- “What we’re saying isn’t always what we’re thinking or feeling.”
- “You can’t innovate by just asking what they want.”
- “Don’t start with customer research.”
- “It’s not just about checking all the boxes.”
- “It’s not only about listening, it’s about observing.”