Let's talk branding
Stef Hamerlinck - Sell Your Thinking
In this episode, I want to show you how to ‘sell your thinking’. Selling your thinking is crucial once you know how to think on a more strategic level and solve bigger problems for your client. I walk you through the brand strategy presentation and how to build-up a narrative that gets your clients excited.
We talk about:
- The convincing that needs to be done to help your client see the solution.
- The three important moments in a brand strategy process:
- The first is the brand workshop. It is the essential starting point for each project.
- The second is the truth session. Challenge all of the assumptions made in the workshop with your research.
- The third is the brand strategy presentation.
- Involve the clients in the process.
- First, explore the problems and research, and then begin defining the values and purpose of the company.
- You need to back up your thoughts and opinions with actual data.
- Making it tangible will make it realistic.
- Showing examples will take away fears and add reality.
- Use data to support your opinion.
- You’re not on the sidelines, and neither are they.
- Is it ever possible to be 100% sure?
- “Make sure everyone is excited about the solution you’re presenting.”
- “Support it with research.”
- “Define the direction of the brand together.”
- “Incorporate your client’s’ vision.”
- “Think about the narrative.”
- “Make it tangible.”
- “You’re not standing on the sidelines.”